RDstudy.com ® (hereinafter RDS), respects the privacy of its subscribers. However, in order to provide our services to best meet the needs of our users certain information is required to be collected. The policy outlined below dictates how we will treat the information that you provide to us. By logging into the RDS web site, you agree to the terms of the Privacy Statement below:
What Information We Collect:
The types of information that we collect fall under two general categories: personally identifiable information(PII) and non-personally identifiable information (non-PII). PII consists of any information which can be used to specifically identify you as an individual, whereas non-PII consists of aggregate information or any information that does not reveal your identity. The following sections describe how your PII and non-PII are collected by us, and how we use such information.
How We Collect and Use Information
- Log Files - Any time you visit RDS, our servers may gather information from your browser (such as IP addresses, browser type, Platform, ISP, as well as other information that you browser supplies), to analyze trends, administer the site, prevent fraud, track your navigation through the site, and gather broad demographic information. This information is not shared with any other company.
- Cookies - Cookies may be used to keep track of some types of information while you are visiting the site and/or using our services. Cookies are placed on your computer and they are typically used to track how frequently you visit and to make logging in easier, although they can be used for other, non-invasive actions, such as keeping track of your current test results for your benefit.
- Sessions - Sessions are stored on our servers and they allow the site to function in a way that enhances your visit experience, by allowing us to keep track of your visit and testing history. For example sessions allow us to maintain your test history so that you can review trends in you scores, or see times required to finish tests. Sessions are also used to help prevent fraud, and for other administrative purposes.
- Information About You - When you register or subscribe to use our service, we collect a variety of information about you. Most of this information is used for maintenance of your account as well as allowing you to make adjustments to parts of your profile, such as changing your password. This information will be accessible to view on your profile page, as well as some information being posted on other pages as you navigate your way through the site, such as your first name on the test completed page. This information will not be available to other users. Other uses of this information include giving us the ability to contact you when the need arises, or for other administrative tasks related to your account.
- Purchase Information - To process purchases, we may require your name, address, phone number, email address, credit card information and other personal information. Such information is used primarily to process your order or as otherwise described herein. Credit card transactions are processed through industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and/or strong encryption (3DES) by a third party, which only uses your information for that purpose, while also maintaining current PCI compliance.
- Emails and Telephone Calls - We require an email address from you when you register for our services. We use your email for both transactional (e.g., order confirmation, refund and renewal processing or other necessary transactions) and promotional (e.g., special announcements, newsletters and similar material) purposes. Email messages we send you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the emails, including whether the email was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. If you would rather not receive any type of promotional emails from us, please see the section below labeled "Choice/Opt-Out". We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account, such as administrative and announcement messages that we feel pertinent to your account without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. We may also contact you by telephone solely in connection with RDS services. If you would rather not receive telephone calls from us, you may delete your number from your account profile page, or simply ask us to remove your number from our contact list. We fully comply with the requirements of the U.S. CAN-SPAM act.
- Demographic Data - Demographic data may also be collected at our site. Some of this information may be shared with a third party, on a non-personally identifiable basis. An example would be the breakdown of the number of individuals that attended which University.
- Online Survey Data - We may periodically conduct voluntary member surveys. We encourage our members to participate in such surveys because they provide us with important information regarding the improvement of our services. You may volunteer for certain surveys that we may offer to our users, and any additional rules regarding the conduct of such surveys will be disclosed to you prior to your participation. We do not link the survey responses to any PII, and all responses are anonymous.
- Public Forums - We may provide, or have already provided discussion boards available to our users and visitors. Any information that is disclosed in any of these areas unless otherwise stated becomes public information and you should exercise caution when to disclose any PII. Please consult the community guidelines for each RDS discussion board when posting comments on them for other specific information.
- Use for Research - In addition to the uses outlines above, by using our site, you agree to allow us to anonymously use the information from you and your experiences to continue our research to provide the best services to you and other members.
- Submitted Comments - Comments and emails submitted to RDS may be used and presented on the site. By submitting your comment, you agree to allow us to use your comment at our discretion in our advertising, for promotional reasons or for any other purpose.
Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
- Disclosure by Law - You acknowledge and agree that we may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law);or (2) protect or defend RDS's, or a third party's, rights or property.
- Disclosure to Trusted Third Parties - We may share your non-PPI with third parties, but not in a manner that would reveal your identity. For example we may share your school information, combined in a group with all other users school information to a third party, without including any other details that could identify you individually. We will not share your contact information, including your email address. You will not receive any contact from a third party from information that we gather.
- Disclosure to your Internship or Program Purchaser - If the account that you are using to access RDS was purchased by a third party such as an Internship, they are the owner of the account, and have granted you the right to use it. The Internship retains ownership of the account and as such the owner of the account may request, and we shall provide, details about any and all access, use, any testing or any other data collected through the course of normal operations and use. The owner may also access the account that they provided for your use at any time. Limitations to this access would be password information. At no time is password information shared with anyone except the sole individual who uses the account, and this will only occur under conditions when temporary password information is required. You may have the ability to select an option to prevent the owner of the account from accessing some or all of the details of the account that they provided to you at no cost and for your benefit. If the choice to prevent access is available and selected, this may void your ability to use the account provided, as it is at the discretion of the provider, or owner of the account, who purchased the account and has provided it's use to you to access RDS, unless such action is prohibited by law.
- Information Transferred As a Result of a Sale of Business - As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets and, depending upon the transaction, your PII may be one of the transferred assets. In the event that we are acquired by another company, you PII may be part of the assets transferred to the acquiring party. If this occurs, you will be notified if there are any material changes to the way that your PII is collected or used.
Third Party Advertising
- We may use third party advertising agencies or other service providers to serve ads on our web site on behalf of RDS or third party advertisers (e.g., retailers of good or services). These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and web beacons is completely anonymous. Some of these third party advertising agencies may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers you the option to opt out of ad targeting from its member agencies by following the procedures listed at www.networkadvertising.org
We will only share your information with third parties in the ways defined in this privacy statement.
- Our age restrictions for all our services are set forth in each applicable Terms and Conditions of Service. We do not target our site or service to children under the age of 13, require a minimum age of 18 to purchase an account on the site and in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, any information we may receive from users we believe to be under the age of 13 will be purged from our databases. Our target demographic are college educated individuals who have met, or are in the process of meeting all of the requirements necessary in order to sit for the examination for Registered Dietitians as Governed by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
- We have extensive security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information stored in our databases. These measures include the use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology during site access, online payment transactions, as well as other proprietary security measures which are applied to all repositories and transfers of user information. We will exercise reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information between your computer and our servers, but given that no information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet and hence accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure.
- Links to Other Sites - We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other web sites that may be linked to this site or of any third party advertisers.
- You may use the following options for removing your information from our email database if you wish to opt out of receiving promotional emails and newsletters.
- Click on the "unsubscribe" link on the bottom of the email, if one exists;
- Reply to the email with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line;
- Send mail to the following postal address letting us know which promotional emails you wish to opt out of:
c/o Nutrition News Network
1228 East 7th Ave.
Tampa, FL 33605
Updating Your Information
- RDS provides users the following options for changing and modifying information previously submitted.
- Search the FAQ's link to find the information that you are looking for, and follow the instructions.
- Send us an email with the information that you would like to change. This information must come from the email that we have on file for the account. You may receive a confirmation email requesting verification that you would like the information changed prior to the information being adjusted. A positive reply to this confirmation email would need to be received prior to any changes being made. This is to help ensure that you made the request.
- Call us at (813) 397-3961 during normal customer service hours as posted on the web site and a customer service agent will be happy to help you. You may have to provide certain information pertaining to the account to verify your identity prior to any informational adjustments being made.
- You can send mail to the postal address listed above, providing us with your account information and letting us know which information you would like to update.
Contacting the Web Site
- If you have any questions about this privacy statement or the practices of this site, you can contact:
c/o Nutrition News Network
1228 East 7th Ave.
Tampa, FL 33605
(813) 397-3961 - During normal Customer Service Hours.
Acceptance of Privacy Statement
Your use of the RDstudy.com ® web site, including any dispute concerning privacy, is subject to this privacy statement and the applicable terms we deem appropriate so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, or by other means, such as email, at our discretion.
Your continued use of any portion of our Web site following posting of the updated privacy statement will constitute your acceptance of these changes.
Last updated: April 25, 2016