RDstudy.com ® Terms of Services
Each time you log into your RDstudy.com ® account you are agreeing to abide by and adhere to the following terms.
- This is a legal agreement ("Agreement") between you and RDstudy.com ®, owned and operated by Nutrition News Networks L.L.C. a Limited Liability Corporation, which may be contacted at 1228 East 7th Avenue, Suite 200, Tampa, FL 33605. By accessing the RDstudy.com ® web site currently located at www.rdstudy.com (the "Site"), and using any of the services (as defined below) accessible through the Site, you become a user and agree to, and are bound by, the terms and conditions of this Agreement for as long as you continue to use the Site or services.
- IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT USE THE SITE OR ANY OF ITS SERVICES. Your use of, or participation in, certain services may be subject to additional terms, and such terms will either be listed in this Agreement or will be presented to you for your acceptance when you go to use those services.
- RDstudy.com ® services consist of the following, without limitation: a test preparation service for individuals who plan to take the Registration Examination for Dietitians. RDstudy.com ® may offer additional services or revise any of the services, at its discretion, and this Agreement will apply to all additional services or revised services. RDstudy.com ® also reserves the right to cease offering any of the services at any time, without prior notification, unless restricted by law. RDstudy.com ® makes no guarantees in regards to a client passing the Exam for Registered Dietitians based upon use of its services.
- This agreement is subject to change by RDstudy.com ® in its sole discretion at any time, with or without notice. Your continued use of the Site or the services after the posting of revisions to this Agreement will constitute your acceptance of such revisions. Please consult the end of this Agreement to determine when the Agreement was last revised.
- All services provided by RDstudy.com ® ("RDstudy.com ®") may be used for lawful purposes only. Transmission, storage or presentation of any information, data or material in violation of any United States federal, state or city law is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, material we judge to be threatening or obscene, or material protected by trade secret and other statute. The user agrees to indemnify and hold harmless RDstudy.com ® from any claims resulting from the use of service which damages the user or any other party, including failure to pass the Exam for Registered Dietitians.
- Prohibited are mention of sites that promote any illegal activity or present content that may be damaging to RDstudy.com ®'s servers, or any other server on the Internet. Links to such materials are also prohibited.
- Examples of unacceptable content or links:
- pirated software
- hacker programs or archives
- malware or spyware of any kind
- profane or obscene language, or content
- Warez sites
- This list is not all inclusive
- NOTICE: IF YOUR ACCOUNT IS FOUND TO CONTAIN ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, ILLEGAL MP3 FILES, PIRATED SOFTWARE, HACKER PROGRAMS, WAREZ PROGRAMS, OR ANY OTHER ILLEGAL FILES, OR IS FOUND TO BE UTILIZED BY MULTIPLE DIFFERENT USERS EITHER SIMULTANEOUSLY OR AT DIFFERENT TIMES, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE. ADDITIONALLY, RDstudy.com ® WILL NOTIFY THE PROPER AUTHORITIES OF YOUR ACTIONS IF ANY LAWS HAVE BEEN BROKEN.
Use of the Site and Service - As a user of the Site or a user registered to use any of the services (a "Registered User"), you agree to the following:
- You must be at least 18 years of age to use the Site and register for the services. By using the Service, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old.
- Exclusive Use. - Your account is for your personal use only. You may not authorize others to use your account, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity, fully or partially, temporarily or permanently, for monetary gain or not. You acknowledge that RDstudy.com ® is not responsible for third party access to your account that results from theft or misappropriation of your user name and password. Accounts that show more than one user are subject to the immediate termination of all services, and no refunds will be given. In some cases law enforcement may be notified. RDstudy.com ® reserves the right to change any account password, at any time, if activity taking place on that account is suspicious. The assigned user of the account will be notified of the password change and why.
- Geographic Limitations. - The Site and services are intended for use in the United States and its territories. You will only use the services in a manner consistent with this agreement and any and all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations, including, but not limited to United States Export Laws. To the extent that the services are not legal in you jurisdiction, you may not use the services. The services may not be used where prohibited by law.
- Information Submitted - You are solely responsible for, and assume all liability regarding (i) the information and content you contribute to the service; (ii) the information and content you post, transmit, publish, or otherwise make available (hereinafter "post") through the services; and (iii) your interactions with other registered users through the services. All material and information submitted, including submissions to Ask the RD! ® become property of RDstudy.com ®, and we may use such information in any ways RDstudy.com ® sees fit - unless that information is already copyrighted by another party.
- Content Removal. - RDstudy.com ® reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor the information that you submit to the services or post in the public or private areas of the services. RDstudy.com ® will have the right to remove such information or material that in its sole opinion violates, or may violate any applicable law or either the letter or spirit of this Agreement or upon the request of any third party.
- No False Information. -You will not purposely provide inaccurate, misleading or false information to RDstudy.com ® or to any other user. If information provided to RDstudy.com ® or another user subsequently becomes inaccurate, misleading or false, you will promptly notify RDstudy.com ® of such change. RDstudy.com ® reserves the right to terminate any user account without compensation that intentionally falsifies information to gain access to services or to mislead RDstudy.com ® or its users.
- No Advertising or Commercial Solicitation. - You will not advertise or solicit any user to buy or sell any products or services through the Site or services, nor direct any user via a link or URL to another location for such purpose. You may not transmit any chain letters, junk or spam email to others. Further, you will not use any information obtained from the services to sell or redistribute or to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user on this site.
- Unique and Bona Fide Profile. - As a registered user of the RDstudy.com ® Site and services, you will maintain only one profile - otherwise known as a user account. If your account or profile has been terminated in the past for non-compliance to this Agreement, you are restricted from opening a new account. If your account simply expired, a new account may be opened, but any benefits from the previous account may no longer apply, including but not limited to renewal at the original purchase price, your previous test history, or any previous access data or history.
- No Harassment of RDstudy.com ® Registered User's or Employees. - You will not harass, annoy, intimidate or threaten any registered users or Employees of RDstudy.com ®.
- System Requirements - The Internet, the devices that access it, and the software required to navigate it are constantly changing and evolving. While our staff and contracted help that participate in maintaining, updating, and supporting RDstudy.com ® work hard to keep services available to accommodate the evolution of the Internet and the devices and software that access it, we cannot guarantee that all, or even any of your devices will be supported by the RDstudy.com ® web site. Purchasing an RDstudy.com ® access package provides a "grace period" as outlined in our money back guarantee. This enables any purchaser or user of RDstudy.com ® services the opportunity to test their devices to ensure that they are able to access RDstudy.com ® services to their satisfaction. If the limitations as outlined within our money back guarantee are exceeded, the purchaser or user of the services is indicating that they are aware of the current system requirements and feel that their access to use the site with their current devices is acceptable and adequate. This policy is in addition to, and does not replace any part of, the current limited guarantee that RDstudy.com ® has posted on it's web site.
- Ownership of Proprietary Information. - You hereby acknowledge and agree that RDstudy.com ® is the owner of highly valuable proprietary information, (collectively, "Study Materials"). RDstudy.com ® owns and hereby retains all proprietary rights in the services and the Site, including but not limited to, all Study Material, "Ask the RD ®" submissions and RDstudy.com ® responses to those submissions.
- No Use of Confidential Information. - You will not post, copy, modify, transmit, disclose, show in public, create any derivative works from, distribute, make commercial use of, or reproduce in any way any (i) Study Material or (ii) other copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information accessible via the services, without first obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. The only exception to this term is that Ask the RD! ® responses can be discussed openly within a group study session as long as - RDstudy.com ® is mentioned as the source of the information.
- Other Users' Information. - Other registered users may post copyrighted information, which has copyrighted protection whether or not it is defined as copyrighted. You agree that you will not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, commercially use, or sell any RDstudy.com ® or third party proprietary information available via the services or the Site.
- License to Posted Content. - By posting information or content to any profile pages or public area of the services, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to RDstudy.com ® and its users, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid, world-wide license to use, reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such information and content, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sub-licenses of the forgoing. From time to time, we may create, test or implement new features or programs on the Site in which you may voluntarily choose to participate, in accordance with the additional terms and conditions of such features or programs. By your voluntary participation in such features and programs, you grant us, RDstudy.com ® the rights stated in this subsection in connection with the additional terms and conditions (if any) of such features or programs.
Violation of Copyrighted Material
- Any attempt to undermine or cause harm to a server or another customer of RDstudy.com ® is strictly prohibited. As our customer/user you are responsible for your account. Should you violate the Terms of Services outlined here, your account will be canceled without chance of refund.
Refusal of Service - We reserve the right to refuse, cancel or suspend service, at our sole discretion.
Billing, Purchase and Expiration
- All information presented to you while using your account at RDstudy.com ® is intended for sole use by you and other account holders. Printing, copying, posting, transmission of or any other means of forwarding materials from the RDstudy.com ® web site received while utilizing your account to other parties, whether in printed or digital format, regardless of the intent for profit or not, is strictly forbidden and will result in immediate termination of the account at fault with no advanced notice. No refund will be given.
To keep an account in good standing:
- Accounts are currently sold based upon a one week term, a two week term, or in increments of 1, 2, 3, 4, or 6 month terms. It is at the discretion of RDstudy.com ® to offer any individualized account terms other than those just mentioned.
- The refund guarantee pertains to all accounts at least 1 week or more in length. The date of your initial sign up is deemed your Account Activation Date. Prices and or the structure of our packages may change without notice. Payments are required in full prior to activation of an account, regardless of the type or access length purchased.
- The expiration date of the account access and the days left remaining available for access to RDstudy.com ® is listed on the client Home Page, which is the main page the client is taken to after the client logs in.
- It is the sole responsibility of the client to maintain their account in good standing, e.g., not expired. Accounts that expire are no longer considered in good standing and are at the discretion of RDstudy.com ® to be removed from RDstudy.com ®'s databanks. All access and test history will be removed and may no longer be accessible either by the client or RDstudy.com ®. RDstudy.com ® is not required to remind, nor indicate that any account is about to expire or notify any user that an account has expired. It is at RDstudy.com ®'s discretion that a friendly reminder may be sent to remind a client that their account is set to expire, or that their account has expired.
Our Price Lock Guarantee - Our prices can increase as services, study aides and additional tools are added. We offer a price lock guarantee which may allow certain clients to renew their account access at the same price and access length at which they initially signed up for. In the event that a term length is no longer available a client that initially meet the criteria for this guarantee, the client will be informed of a new term length, and their price for that new term, at RDstudy.com ®'s discretion. In order for a client to maintain this price lock:
- the account must be paid in full to an expiration date based upon the increments as stated above and as selected by the client, and
- the date of the expiration as stated and shown on the client Home Page has not passed, and
- the account holder has not violated any policy or term as stated by RDstudy.com ® either in this agreement or other notification.
Payment Types - Payments can be made via the Site using a valid PayPal account or a valid credit card for immediate account activation. Other payment methods include:
- The account must always remain in good standing. If the account expires, the guarantee is no longer valid and it is at the discretion of RDstudy.com ® to honor an original price and term.
- The account must be renewed by the last day of the current term, by completing a valid payment in full for the new term.
- The price lock is good for up to two renewals from the original purchase, as long as the account maintains a current status, and does not violate any policy or term as stated by RDstudy.com ® either in this agreement or other notification. It is up to the discretion of RDstudy.com ® to allow any additional renewals at the original rate and term for any renewals thereafter.
- The price lock guarantee is not valid for group or bulk purchases such as for Internships or other groups. It is at RDstudy.com ®'s sole discretion to maintain any price renewal that the group had paid previously if different from the current rates, unless stated otherwise on the groups purchase documents.
- Promotional rates do NOT qualify for any price lock guarantee.
- Honoring or providing any additional individual account discounts, over and above the price lock guarantee as described, including but not limited to returning customer discounts, and other discount codes, to be applied toward the purchase price of a new account, or the purchase price of extending or renewing an existing account, will be at the sole discretion of RDstudy.com ®.
- Check. The check must be from a Bank within the United States. The check must be made payable in US dollars to Nutrition News Network and mailed to our address as listed on the Site. Account access will be enabled after the check clears. It could take up to 14 days after receipt of your check for the account to be activated. In the event of a refund request, please review the Money back guarantee & refund policy stated below.
- Money Order. The Money Order must be from a Bank within the United States. The Money Order must be made payable in US dollars to Nutrition News Networks and mailed to our address as listed on the Site. Account access will be enabled after the Money Order clears. It could take up to 21 days after receipt of your Money Order for the account to be activated. In the event of a refund request, please review the Money back guarantee & refund policy stated below.
- Paypal Email Invoice. Once the invoice is paid in full, the account will be activated. In the event of a refund request, please review the Money back guarantee & refund policy stated below.
- For Internships, group or other bulk purchases only:
- Any of the above payment methods are acceptable, and the associated guidelines regarding terms to activate will be the same. An account can also be paid via an invoice. To be invoiced, a valid representative (an individual who has the authority to make purchase decisions of this nature for the organization that is making the purchase) must contact RDstudy.com ® and after discussing costs and account information, request an invoice be sent or provide a P.O. number for the accounts and sub-accounts. A sub-account is defined as any account that is paid for via a group or bulk purchase, and will be one of the accounts under the bulk purchase. Sub-accounts will be distributed once the account is paid for in full. Only at the the discretion of RDstudy.com ® will any account information such as user ID and passwords be distributed prior to payment being received. If account access, including sub-account access is granted prior to payment being received, payment is expected within 30 days of any account activation. Accounts that are not paid within the 30 days are considered late, and any outstanding balance will be subject to a 1.5% monthly interest rate. Sub-accounts are considered the same an a regular account when it comes to terms. As an example, the sharing of an sub-account will result in immediate termination of that sub-account.
- The refund policy is different for Internships, groups or other bulk purchases. Prior to an initial group purchase being made an account will be given to one individual at no cost, such as a preceptor or Internship director. Proof of standing, their role and ability to make purchase decisions may be required prior to account access being granted. This individual will have at minimum 3 days and up to 5 days to review the site in full. Additional free access time may be granted at the sole discretion of RDstudy.com ®. This is considered the trial period. If a purchase decision is made during or after this time, the purchasing agency, Internship, or other group is indicating that the site currently contains tools and study aides that are considered helpful and will accept that no refunds will be available once the purchase has been made. It will be only at RDstudy.com ®'s discretion to refund any monies after the purchase is made.
Money back guarantee & refund policy - Click here for the Money back guarantee policy.
- Certain services carry a setup fee charged by RDstudy.com ® to client, which must be paid by client in order to have use of said services. Payment for services must be made in full at the time of account Activation.
- Using Internet services, including but not limited to the review of videos, require the download of data to your viewing device. Depending upon your device and, or your hosting provider, you may incur additional fees from your hosting provider associated with the download of data above your current limitations per your contract with your hosting provider. RDstudy.com ® is not responsible for any charges stemming from your exceeding your data limits as imposed by the contract you have signed with your hosting provider, due to the viewing of our materials. Always check your data usage and available data prior to using any of RDstudy.com ®'s services.
- Our Money back guarantee policy does not apply to Internships, group or other bulk purchases. Please review the invoice or sales receipt for the refund policy regarding these types of purchases.
Double Payment possibility and return of excess payment
- At times a student who has already purchased an account with RDstudy.com ® may be accepted into an Internship that requires payment to RDstudy.com ® for an account. Since the group purchase rate will be lower, any fees already paid to RDstudy.com ® by the client will be returned to the client on a prorated basis for the time remaining on the account as initially purchased buy the student. To receive a refund, the client must show proof of acceptance into the Internship. RDstudy.com ® retains the right to contact the internship director to verify validity of these requests.
Cancellation and Refunds
- Any account deactivated due to non-payment will require a reactivation fee of $50.00 prior to reactivation. It will be at the sole discretion of RDstudy.com ® to waiver this fee and/or reactivate the account.
Limitation of Liability:
- We DO NOT refund partial monthly fees to accounts. The only times money will be refunded is during the trial phase as stated above in the Money back guarantee section, or if a client becomes part of an Internship that requires use and payment for an account (please review Double Payment possibility and return of excess payment above). If no notice is received during the trial/grace period, then we assume that your are making good use of the site and would like it to continue. No refunds will be given after this point.
Violations - Violations of these Acceptable Use Policies should be referred to webmaster@RDstudy.com. All complaints will be investigated promptly. Failure to follow any term or condition will be grounds for immediate account deactivation.
- RDstudy.com ® shall not be responsible for any claimed damages, including but not limited to incidental, special, indirect and consequential damages, which may arise from RDstudy.com ® 's Services going off-line or being unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL RDstudy.com ®'s AGGREGATE LIABILITY, IN ANY FORM OF ACTION WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR SITE, EXCEED THE PRICE PAID BY YOU (THE CLIENT), FOR YOUR ACCOUNT.
- RDstudy.com ® DOES NOT GUARANTEE INDIVIDUALS WHO USE THIS SITE TO PREPARE FOR THE RD EXAM AS PRESENTED BY THE COMMISSION ON DIETETIC REGISTRATION OR ANY OTHER EXAM THAT ONE MAY USE THIS SITE TO PREPARE FOR, A PASSING GRADE.
- RDstudy.com ® cannot be held liable for system down time, crashes or data loss. Certain equipment, routing, software and programming used by RDstudy.com ® are not directly owned or written by RDstudy.com ®. Moreover, RDstudy.com ® holds no responsibility for the use of our clients' accounts. Failure to comply with any terms or conditions will result in the automatic deactivation of the account in question. We reserve the right to remove any account, without advance notice for any reason without restitution, as RDstudy.com ® sees fit.
Server Uptime Guarantee
- By activating your account with RDstudy.com ®, you agree to the above policies and disclaimer. Upon requesting activation of an account, you are required to accept these policies, guidelines and disclaimer, and every time you log into your account you are accepting the most recent terms and conditions as posted on this page.
- NOTICE: If you sign up for an account and fail to comply with these terms, your account will be deactivated and closed and no refunds will be given.
RDstudy.com ® reserves the right to amend any or all of the above policies, guidelines and disclaimer without notification. We also retain the right to increase any pricing and make changes to our account plans without notification.
- RDstudy.com ® guarantees 98% service uptime. Should we fail to deliver this for any given calendar month, your account will be refunded a pro-rated amount for the duration of excessive downtime.
Links to Third Party Web Sites / Dealings with Advertisers and Sponsors.
- Privacy Statement - For information about the collection and possible use of information and material provided by you, please click here or on the RDstudy.com ®’s Privacy statement located on the Site. By using the Site or the services, you are consenting to the terms of RDstudy.com ®’s Privacy Statement.
- Disclosure by Law – You acknowledge and agree that RDstudy.com ® may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to:
- comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law);
- protect or defend RDstudy.com ®’s or a third party’s rights or property;
- protect someone’s health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including the user) is threatened.
- Use of anonymous Information for Research or for Site Statistics. By using the services, you agree to allow RDstudy.com ® to anonymously use the information from you and your experiences through the service to continue RDstudy.com ®’s ability to improve the services through such research.
Disclaimer of Warranty
- The services may contain links to web sites of third parties, including without limitation, advertisers, which are not under the control of RDstudy.com ®, and RDstudy.com ® is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. RDstudy.com ® provides these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply that RDstudy.com ® endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content on such third party web site. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of third party web site found on or through the services (including payment and delivery of related goods and services, and any personal information or opt-in contact information voluntarily given, and any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations of such dealings) are solely between you and such advertiser or the third party web site. You agree that RDstudy.com ® will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings, including the sharing of information that you supply to RDstudy.com ® with advertisers or other third party web sites or sponsors, or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the services. Please visit our Privacy Statement or click here to learn more about how we use your information.
- No Warranties – THIS SECTION WILL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. RDstudy.com ® PROVIDES THE SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR ORTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES OR THE SITE (INCLUDING ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN), INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. RDstudy.com ® DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, ALWAYS AVAILABLE, ERROR FREE OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. RDstudy.com ® DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR, AND NO WARRANTY IS MADE WITH RESPECT TO, THE CONNECTIVITY AND AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES.
- Any and all types of legal action filed against RDstudy.com ® or Nutrition News Networks Inc. or mediation(s) found to be required, where it is found necessary or not, that attendance of any kind by staff, owners or other individuals affiliated with RDstudy.com ® or Nutrition News Networks Inc. will be filed in the court system of Hillsborough County, Florida.
Last updated: June 2, 2017